Monday, May 16, 2011

Aloo Gobi-ish


Slamming Taj Mahal's all night, nothing tastes better in the morning than Indian food Vegan Hangover style. I love Aloo Gobi so here is how you make it the Vegan Hangover way!

What you need:

Potatoes
Cauliflower
Curry Powder
Oil
Salt
A Hangover

First cut up the potatoes into whatever size you want. I cut mine in half and then into fourths or sixths depending on the potato size. Throw the potatoes in a pot of water and boil them for a while. While the potatoes are boiling for about 5 minutes, wash some dishes. Because you party too much and never clean your house or wash dishes, you need to wash some so you have something to eat off of.

Next take a large pan and pour some oil all up in it. Throw in those potatoes along with the cauliflower and curry powder. Mix it all up and let it cook until everything is hot and you are sure the potatoes are done all the way.

Now lightly salt the creation and serve it over rice or even couscous like I did.

If you really want to get it nasty add some vegan butter to the mix.

You might be thinking to yourself, STEVE?! This is not how you make Aloo Gobi! Well I know, but this is how you make Aloo Gobi-ish!

WARNING: This recipe is only for extreme hangovers that require a greasy spicy indian chow down!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha, ewww...vegan butter in aloo gobi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this today, but instead of using potato pieces I used really well cooked potato gems (what you guys call tater-tots I believe). I also added all purpose seasoning and fried onion. Holy shit it was good. My belly and I thank you for this curry inspiration.

    ReplyDelete